Income Tax Calculator
- House Rent Allowance is given to salaried individuals to meet their rented accommodation-related expenses. Those living in a rented accommodation can claim this exemption and bring down their taxes.
- This allowance may be fully or partially exempt from tax. The HRA exemption calculator shows you what portion of the HRA you receive from your employer is exempt from tax and how much is chargeable to tax.
- Note that if you don’t live in a rented accommodation, but are still given this allowance, this allowance is fully taxable.
- Did you know that you can claim exemption on both HRA and home loan interest?
- Did you know that it has become mandatory to mention your landlord’s PAN to claim HRA exemption. ?
- Get help from an expert! (Click to contact us)